What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the promotion of products or brands on digital media. Digital marketers are responsible for executing marketing campaigns on digital channels such as email, website, mobile etc. to build awareness, provide information to prospects, and drive qualified prospects to conversions. Organizations are significantly increasing their digital marketing spends because of the scope and reach it offers.
I would like to share my professional experience and share you how you too can become a true and dedicated Digital Marketer just like how I became. Anyone can become a digital marketer and take it as full time.
I didn’t know about Digital Marketing job before I took it as a full-time career. I started learning about this from very ground level and decided to take it as my full-time career. During my starting phase, I got opportunities to learn below topics while working with some Media Companies.
- What is Email marketing
- Lead Generation – How to generate leads for the company and how to convert into sales
- How to Find contact details of a website with priority base
- How to speak with clients
- How to analyze a website
- What is article submission
- What is Press Release submission
- What is SEO and how its important for ranking a website on search engine
- What are the parts of SEO like what is SEO Off-Page Optimization, On- Page Optimization
- How to create client presentation
- How to lead the team and motivate them and many more things which kept me curious about this profession.
Always remember no one will teach you 100%, it is you and only you who have to find your way to learning and add to your profile.
What made me to join and become Digital Marketer?
Above listed topics helped to understand a basic section of Digital Marketing World. If I am asked what are the important points that make this profession important and unique from rest. Following things one will find:
- Here you learn to design
- You learn how to work with website
- How to generate appealing and engagement content
- How to understand your customer
- How to write content for website, lead generation and advertisement
- How to write code for your website
- Learning Analytics that helps you in understanding your website performance and users behavior
- What is campaign and how to market it
- Video marketing learning
- Branding via online marketing etc.
Most interesting thing is its never going to end and as long as the internet is there, your digital marketing career is there.
Now let me share what are the things you should try to learn to become a full-time Digital Marketing Expert:
- SEO & Its Importance
- Social Media Optimization
- Content Writing
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Analytics
- Link Building
- Video Marketing
- Copyright issue
- Website Analysis
- Report Generation
- Client discussion
- PPT presentation
- Excel Sheet Maintainance
- Strategy building
- Website designing idea
- Social Media Trending
- Creativity – This is one of my main favorite topics
- Google Adwords
- Google Adsense
- What is affiliate Marketing
If you are thinking to join any Digital Marketing Academy and looking to get certified course, make sure you don’t forget to learn all above topics.
Companies are getting more and more demanding and as a digital marketing expert, you should be able to present yourself with concrete and strong presentation not simply with a theoretical concept. Don’t learn simply to learn it make it your passion and give your every best effort.
What I experience in all my this 7 years experience in Digital Marketing career is, the more you start analyzing and putting your time on analytics in understanding about your promoted content whether its a website or social media platform or email marketing, the more easier it will be for one to achieve ROI.
Learning technology will add an extra boost to your marketing career and one should not keep oneself back in learning it.
Try to accept failure as it helps one to learn the loopholes and fine tunning your upcoming strategy. Digital Marketing is a hit a trial method process where what you learn yesterday will not work 100% today. Hence keep experimenting with new ideas always and never simply follow others because they have done so you should also do it.
Understand your capacity and resource and based on this you should generate your own digital marketing strategy to win your race.
Thanks for reading it and do share your experience & issues, you are facing in learning it. I will take it as my issue and come with the solution in my next topic.